How to Promote Your Business: Strategies
Houston Internet Marketing for Small Business
Starting a business isn't difficult, but starting a successful business is. That's why self promotion and low-cost advertising are very important. People aren't going to find your business unless you tell them about it, and several essential advertising strategies exist to make your business more visible to the public.
- Get a website. The Internet is where most people go for information and your business needs to have a strong web presence to give potential customers the information they need with little effort. Keep it simple, easy to navigate and aesthetically pleasing.
- Print business cards with your company's logo, web address, physical address and phone number, and hand them out liberally. Keep the cards simple, easy to read and well-designed.
- Participate in joint advertising with a nearby business. Take out a half-page ad in a local newspaper or magazine and give a quarter to each business. Split the cost of the ad and offer cross promotion and discounts for the other business' customers. Keep joint advertising limited to business neighbors, within a block or two of your business.
- Join the Chamber of Commerce of your city, attend professional meetings and network with other business owners, according to an article on Business know-how, an online business resource. Much of your business traffic will come from referrals and keeping good relationships with important people in town. Get involved in city and commercial affairs to bring your business into the spotlight by networking with other business owners.
- Host a biannual block party at your office or retail space. Offer free food, drinks and give demonstrations of your product or service. Post fliers in public places about the event and try to get as many people from the community there as possible.
- Distribute a quarterly newsletter that includes news about your industry, information about your company and coupons for discounts. Send out physical mail and email newsletters based upon customer preferences. Collect email and home addresses from customers when they buy your product or service.
About LaraNet: We are a web design firm focused to help you to grow your business and communicate with your customers and prospects using two simple but powerful tools: 1) Interactive Website and 2) Internet Marketing Strategy on social networks like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc… Whether you want to work with just a web page, or launch or improve your presence on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn or communicate with your customers through newsletters, or improve the location of your business in the search engines through Search Engine Optimization, or start marketing your products or services online, in LaraNet we can help you.